BONUS READ - Testimony

                                    

A Word Of Hope

The Miracle: My COVID story

-Dr. Christopher Benjamin, Ophthalmologist, Royal Eye Unit Kingston Hospital. UK

As a medical personnel, I was in service when I contracted COVID-19. Our first response was to send prayer requests to our church home group here in the UK and to prayer groups in Bangalore. The immediate and overwhelming concern and prayer support which poured in was comforting. One of the texts that was thought provoking and inspiring read,

“When David faced Goliath, he didn’t talk about how dangerous Goliath was. He talked about how great God is. Don’t talk fear. Talk Faith.”

Being over 70 and on a steroid enhancing drug for arthritis, I was more susceptible to the harmful effects of the virus. I was hospitalised due to continuous high fever for 10 days and severe breathlessness. For the first few days I was not aware of my surroundings, but I was definitely aware of God’s presence with me. Remembering Bible passages like Psalm 23 and Psalm 91 along with hymns such as “How good is the God we adore” helped me to ‘talk faith’ instead of fear. 

It was a blessing to have children and grandchildren who kept in touch with the hospital staff and also made a few visits. I received excellent treatment and loving care in the COVID ward for 14 days. God graciously heard the prayers and healed my lungs. Breathing became easier and my appetite improved. My strength gradually returned. It is God (Jehovah Rophe) who heals, and he uses people and other means to facilitate it. 

All glory to God for His unfailing love and faithfulness. I am thankful for the prayers, love and concern that flowed into our lives from God’s people in different parts of the world.

 ----------------------------------------------------

The Book 'Covid19 is a Word Not a Sentence' is available online on Amazon.in as Paperback and Kindle Versions. 

Click Below to Buy online

------------------------------------

DAY 40        ||       TABLE OF CONTENTS

If you are blessed, please share your comments below 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DAY 15 - Peace In The Midst Of Lockdown

DAY 32 - God At Work

DAY 34 - Be A Blessing